editions

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Mon Dec 23 00:24:25 EST 2002

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Katherine Ferguson wrote:

|(de-lurking briefly)
|
|Just wondering if anyone else has a database or detailed list of
|editions of DWG (and if they'd like to share it!). I'm trying to
|update/expand the cover art site and although I have a reasonably
|complete database of UK editions I don't have all the pictures, and it
|would be useful to know what other editions there are, in particular
|when the UK first is not necessarily the same as the international
|first.
|
|Deborah, were you talking about something similar a while ago? And xml?
|or am I imagining things again (possible <g>)

I was talking about doing this, and I have started the work, but I am
nowhere near to completing it.  I've been trying to put all Diana Wynne
Jones editions into an XML database, and it is extremely time-consuming.
I can give you what information I have, but it isn't very good.  And of
course, I would happily collaborate with somebody else to make this
information more complete.  For example, if people have information in a
flat text or HTML file or some other format, such as an Excel
spreadsheet, that I can import that information into my database.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
I don't suppose that I have ever been so happy.  No; was it happiness?
Something wider and darker, more like knowledge, more like the night: joy.