OT: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Thu Dec 19 13:03:54 EST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:26:01 +0000, Michelle Thomas wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Saw the Two Towers yesterday, and while I loved Fellowship, was much
>bothered by the many changes made to the story in this instalment, and
>wondered if anyone else has seen it yet and what they thought?

We won't be seeing it until Friday, but I had my reading group party last
night and one of our members--the traitor!--had gone that afternoon with her
family.  We discussed the changes and it sounded to me as though almost all
of them were legitimate and made sense.  But I'm withholding judgment until
Friday.

Keep in mind, though, that I thought the first movie was perfect, I loved
every change that was made, and it exactly captured what I loved about the
books.  Except I wished they'd been able to show Galadriel's gifts, since
that's important later on.  Anyway, I haven't been disappointed by the
editorial choices to this point.

Oh!  Our gaming group has gotten big enough that we had to draw names for
Christmas gift-giving this year, and the person who got my name bought me
like $50 worth of hardbound books, including a gorgeous coffee table book on
the making of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.  There are pictures from
the third movie and everything--and the armor and special effects--and
interviews with practically everyone--I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Melissa Proffitt