OT Romance Novels

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 12:02:54 EST 2002

<< I am looking for a point, a place, which can be tied to the

development of the modern romance novel. Toronto, headquarters of

Harlequin Books is one idea. We already have Green Gables. Any

others? Any help is welcomed...

Well, you could always draw a link to Georgette Heyer's Regency stuff which
was pretty mainstream when it was originally published and damn near crossed
over into the mainstream when it was reissued in pb in the '70s. Nice solid
historical settings like Mayfair(Westminster) and Bath, too.

Regency was just before the railroads went it. A map of the traditional old
coaching routes, maybe?