plea for info: romance novels

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Fri Dec 13 21:16:27 EST 2002

OK, I'm up against a deadline and need some advice:

I'm helping pull together our new title, a map-format publication
about romance -- its cultural history, geography, and other thematic
variants. This thing has been in production since last spring, and
the editors managed to forget about romance novels until the middle
of the afternoon today, and of course now we are down to needing
something this weekend... So, I thought I'd try my literary friends
and see if anything comes up...

I am looking for a point, a place, which can be tied to the
development of the modern romance novel. Toronto, headquarters of
Harlequin Books is one idea. We already have Green Gables. Any
others? Any help is welcomed...

Desperately yours,

Nat