DWJ quoted in Ansible

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Sat Dec 7 12:55:06 EST 2002

Um... that one's mine.  But for the record, the line is "the paradox of
Jones's books is rooted in this fluidity," so technically it's the
paradox which is a lettuce, not DWJ herself.  I mean, honestly, how on
earth could I call DWJ a lettuce!  Now paradoxes, those are all
vegetables.

DWJ is more of a bramble berry.

Woohoo, DWJ made fun of me!  Do I get a prize?

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
"I don't want to know what the structuralists think!  I want to
know what you think!"  -- Archer's Goon, Diana Wynne Jones

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) wrote:

|There was a cut down version of her bulletin on the Number 10 reception, as
|well as the following:
|
|DIANA WYNNE JONES discovers her roots: `I recently got sent a set of
|academic essays on my books, published as a slim volume and full of the most
|extraordinary statements. My favourite is the assertion that I am "rooted in
|fluidity". Obviously hydroponic, probably a lettuce, possibly a cabbage. A
|new light is cast.'
|
|Byeeeee,
|Kylie

|--