FW: Who Else Writes Like...?

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 13:28:57 EST 2002

This came to one of the library lists I'm on. It may be interesting- a bit
pricy for me but I might ask my local library to get it!
Jennifer

*** With apologies for cross-posting ***

A launch party was recently held at Loughborough University for the latest
edition of Who Else Writes Like... ? a guide to fiction reading published by
the Library and Information Statistics Unit (LISU) based at Loughborough
University.

Keynote speaker at the launch was local author Lynda Page who regaled the
gathering with an entertaining account of how she first became an author.
The way she held her audience's attention left one in no doubt about her
capacity to tell a story.

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/dis/lisu/whoelse.html
Who Else Writes Like ?  now in its the fourth edition, helps those who enjoy
reading fiction and have exhausted the works of their favourite author and
wonder what to read next. The book lists over 1,800 authors, and with each
name suggests others who write in a similar way. The number of alternative
authors listed for each entry is between three and twelve. Alternative ways
of finding suitable reading are through the index of genres, or the list of
prize winners at the back of the book. There is also an index to characters
in fiction as well as a bibliography of other fiction guides.

The book is edited by Roy and Jeanne Huse, who have an extensive experience
of libraries, reading and readers. To create the material they draw on the
accumulated professional expertise of a team of expert advisers with first
hand knowledge of books and readers. The book seeks to help anyone who
enjoys reading fiction to expand the number of writers that they read. It
has become an established tool for readers and those advising readers in
their quest to derive the utmost pleasure from fiction.

Priced at £17.99 (post paid UK), Who Else Writes Like ? is available direct
from LISU Tel 01509 223071, Email: lisu at lboro.ac.uk.
For further information contact:
Mary Ashworth or Sharon Fletcher, LISU Administrators, T: 01509 223071, E:
lisu at lboro.ac.uk