bulletin from Diana

Laurel Lamme lalamme at gru.net
Thu Dec 5 02:06:53 EST 2002

I enjoyed her bulletin, particularly the part about the door bolt
and the friend not being allowed to sit on the floor.  She
mentions Phillipa Pearce briefly; I've just been reading her
short story collection _Familiar and Haunting_.  Does anyone have
any favorite Pearce stories?  So far I've especially liked "The
Dog Got Them," "The Hirn," possibly because it nicely fulfills
some environmentalist fantasies, "The Road It Went By," because I
like odd graveyard stories, and "Still Jim and Silent Jim,"
because there are far too few decent stories about grandparents
and grandchildren.

Laurel