Emma Bull & Martha Wells & others (Was: Catch-up)

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at welho.com
Sat Aug 24 08:28:31 EDT 2002

on 23.8.2002 00:45, Hallie O'Donovan at hallieod at indigo.ie wrote:

> One definition of urban fantasy I hadn't seen during that discussion
> - a copy of WftO on ABE described it as "female musician's
> biography". :)  Who am I to say the mistake was the bookseller's...

LOL!

> (on Kage Baker):

> Was "The Caravan from Troon" one of them?  Although that might be a
> bit long for short story.  I read that one in Asimov's and enjoyed it
> - seemed quite Connie Willis short story-ish (the fun ones, not the
> bleak or grim).

No, I don't think that's available through them (though they do offers
novellas & novels in addition to short stories). "The Literery Agent" was
one of my favourites as well as "The Queen in the Hill".

> (on Martha Wells):

> I'd been meaning to check her homepage out, but when I did, decided
> against reading the chapters there - it's still far too long a wait
> to get that interested in it!  Did you like _Wheel of the Infinite_
> as much as I did?

Yes. I loved the characters and the world was very interesting. She should
write some more in this world after she finishes her next Ile Rien book =).

Tarja