Vancian Magic (was Re: Roleplaying, was RE: I'm back!)

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 08:45:55 EDT 2002

This system of magic is very similar to the one used by Paul Levitz in his
long run as writer of "Legion of Super-Heroes" for the White Witch. She
could only use spells that she had prepared before she needed them. It made
for some interesting moments as she tried to decide which spells she would
need to "bring along" on a mission and as she tried to creatively use the
spells she had brought in unusual ways to make them meet the challenges at
hand.

widdy