Roleplaying, was RE: I'm back!

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Fri Aug 23 04:45:52 EDT 2002

> You are right in the reference to Jack vance's "dying
> earth" books (particular favourites of mine) as the
> basis for the magic system used in D&D - and hence our
> term for it

Thank you two for the explanation. This system would not explain a feature
of the magical system our RPG had. (I used to play at school - I guess it was
a simplified version of D&D "The Black Eye" - that does *not* mean bruises in
German :-) Like "Life energy points" you had Magic points and if you had
used them, you couldn't do any spells until you'd recovered. If you were sending
messages to creatures, that shouldn't take up so much energy...? Or maybe
the points reflected the ability to concentrate.

Bettina

http://www.gmx.net