Coraline

Thu Aug 22 17:14:39 EDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:50:35 -0500, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone else has read Gaiman's newest book.

I'm about to go attack the librarians and ask why, once again, the computer
is pushing me further to the rear of the line in terms of getting a book.
This is the second time, and I'm sure they're tired of hearing from me...but
it's starting to be annoying.  If I have to place a hold in order to get a
popular book, and I'm smart enough to make that reservation early on, I
ought to get it in the order it says I'm going to get it.  Growl.

The book itself is still listed as On Order, but it should be any week now.
I'm eagerly waiting for this one and Scott Card's _Shadow Puppets_, which
might even be there...scant consolation.

(My daughter came in on me listening to the first chapter of _Coraline_
online, with the creepy little rat chorus, and thought it was "cool".  She's
probably going to want to have it read to her.)

And there's the longest message without content I've posted all week.

Melissa Proffitt