My thanks

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 16:36:25 EDT 2002

Good afternoon . . .

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for this list and how
much you give it. I'm still somewhat of a lurker but trying to engage in the
conversations when I can.

I am really grateful for many things about this list, not least of which is
the decidedly non-US-centred discussions. Having grown up and become an
adult in Canada (and now living in the US) it's wonderful to hear all this
talk of Australia and Great Britain.

You've also been showing me different ways to look at what I read and think
about what I read - and I'm grateful for that. And I love the
recommendations.

I'm currently in the middle of the second volume of Tad Williams'
"Otherland" series and loving it. You've also brought me to Tim Powers and
Connie Willis and Robert Charles Wilson (what a fabulous book "Chronoliths"
was). Not to mention broadening my love for DWJ's work!

Just a sappy little note to say "thanks"

blessings

widdy