roleplaying

Ms Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Aug 18 19:39:48 EDT 2002

Rebecca: So how many is it? Those of you that do it, did you get
introduced to the
world of RPGs through fantasy? If not do you feel they're connected?
Anyone want to give an estimate on the percent of sf/f readers who
role-play...or vice versa?

I've played AD&D with a group of firends for a few years and had
tremendous fun. But I think much of the pleasure was from simply
roleplaying itself rather than the fantasy setting (which often made me
laugh).
Before I met the DM of this group (who rarely reads) I didn't know
anyone who roleplayed, including SF&F fans. Perhaps roleplaying is more
common in the US? (where Melissa said she knew many friends had tried