Cecilia Dart-Thornton

Sat Aug 17 14:10:12 EDT 2002

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:42:40 +0000, mecha godscylla wrote:

>Recently I read this author's "The Ill-Made Mute" and "The Lady of Sorrows."
>I enjoyed them a lot. Has anyone else read them?

I am trying to will myself to read the second book, which is actually
sitting in my book pile upstairs.  :)  This is mainly because I've forgotten
a lot of the first one, not having read it since it first came out.  Good
thing there's a short synopsis at the beginning of _The Lady of Sorrows_....
I've complained before about the author's very odd writing style that
borders on the purple, but overall the story is intriguing.  (Except for
some reason I really can't find our pal Thorn attractive.  Something about
how he's described makes him just too perfect.  I'd rather a Mordion or a
Howl any day.)

I think I am just in a reading slump lately.  Nothing seems appealing, and
the book I am reading (I also went and got _Between Silk and Cyanide_, and
thanks to Kathleen for mentioning it!) is going slowly because my family
seems to be conspiring to keep me from reading it.  Bah.

Melissa Proffitt