Titles (was Re: report on recommended reading)

Fri Aug 16 17:15:29 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:55:11 +0100, Ania wrote:

>I love the whole series and reread it regularly.

Me too.  Not the re-read regularly part, the "love the whole series" part.
I prefer the Intervention duology because I really love stories about
humanity developing psychic powers, and this is probably one of the best.
There are other good ones, but most of them deal with those issues in medias
res rather than from the first person born with said abilities.  Plus Uncle
Rogi runs a book store!  If I didn't have such a big pile of books to read,
I might go back and read it again.  _Magnificat_ didn't do much for me, but
it was my own stupid fault for being impatient about the final cataclysm.
So I've been thinking I should try it again.

>I also finally got round to
>her Rampart Worlds trilogy and am reading vol. 3. Not as good as the Exiles
>and Galactic Milieu, though not bad at all.

I started the first book of that series and couldn't get into it.  I don't
remember why, now.  The image of the guy staked out on the comet was
INTENSE.  I think it was because I couldn't get a handle on where the story
was going and that made it hard for me to stay with it.  Still, I recall
that it was a fun universe and a little lighter in tone than her other
books.

Melissa Proffitt
avoiding work like the plague