Bone Dance (Was Re: Catch-up.)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Aug 16 12:06:10 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> Yes, that's the one.  I don't want to do spoilers here, but also
> agree with your next comment about the narrator assumptions.  I was -
> well, on the wrong track, but also kind of getting it, which probably
> sounds meaningless, but is the only way I can think of to describe
No, it makes sense. I realized I was assuming things, and tried to
un-assume, and then was confused, and then the fact that I was assuming
things was addressed.

> And I found it interesting, but also emotionally involving,
> don't know if you felt the same.
Yes, I did. It was sort of a mix of "hey, interesting futuristic
setting" and "eh, nasty philosophical issues" and "I'm *so* confused" and
"but I *like* them!" So it made me think and made me feel at the same
time, which is really a paraphrase of what you said.