FW: Howl's moving Castle

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at kline.com
Thu Aug 15 21:18:29 EDT 2002

Some news on the Howl movie...

-----Original Message-----

Thought you might be interested in this.

Looks like Miyazaki's going to direct Howl's not just produce it.

David

from: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=2455

      Miyazaki to replace Hosoda

      ...Naohisa Inoue, the artist best known for his impressive
      pictures for Whisper of the Heart, has said on his web diary
that
      Miyazaki will direct _Howl's Moving Castle_.

      Excerpted from his web diary[1]: "On the 30th, I had a talk with
      Miyazaki at the Ghibli Museum. He told me that he would direct
      Howl, and he asked me to draw imageboards by the coming fall for
      the next short cartoon film to be screened at the museum."

      In June we reported that it seemed that Mamoru Hosoda, who was
      supposed to direct Howl's Moving Castle, was no longer working
on
      the project.

      Studio Ghibli recently closed it's doors for several
      months. According to Toshio Suzuki, studio manager and producer,
      the closure was to allow Ghibli employees a chance to relax and
      return to work in February 2003 to start work on Miyazaki's next
      project.

           [1] http://artgallery.co.jp/memo/dnmemo.cgi