Titles (was Re: report on recommended reading)

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 14 20:37:33 EDT 2002

> --- Caleb W <scalebw at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Helene Hanff's _84, Charing Cross Road_, the wonder of
> it is that I usually get the title right.

And it's sequel: _The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street_

And Leo Marks' _Between Silk and Cyanide_ which has ties to both of the
above. And is a very good book - the first autobiography I have enjoyed
reading - and not just enjoyed: chuckled, laughed and wept over. Leo Marks
(son of the proprietor of 84 Charing Cross Rd) was a code writer for the
British during WW2, and the book is the story of that time. Highly
recommended!

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au