Titles (was Re: report on recommended reading)

Caleb W scalebw at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 03:31:54 EDT 2002

Some more cool titles, not all of which I've read and not all of which are
as interesting when you find out what they mean:

Lots of Douglas Adams titles - The Salmon of Doubt, The Hitchhiker's Guide
to the Galaxy etc.
The Infinity Doctors, by Lance Parkin. Sadly not featuring _extremely_ large
crowds of medics.
The Boy Who Reversed Himself. I saw this in the library ages ago, and the
title just stuck.
The Wind on Fire, by William Nicholson (Windsinger trilogy) I haven't read
Firesong yet, so I'm still curious as to what the trilogy name means. It
sounds cool, anyway.
Someone mentioned a couple of Kate Orman books. Apparently, she's writing a
book called "Blue Box", which I find rather mindbogglingly mundane compared
to some of her titles. Unnatural History and The Year of Intelligent Tigers
are pretty good titles by her, though.
Eater of Wasps, by Trevor Baxendale. Exactly what the title says (or rather,
wasps forcing themselves into people's mouths) - yuk!
Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman. Lovely ring to that title. (I've just finished
reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman, BTW).
Through the Looking-Glass, Darkly. I can't remember whether I've actually
heard this somewhere and forgotten or made it up myself. Anyone heard it
before?

Caleb W.