Re Newest Bujold, Big Spoilers

Thu Aug 1 13:51:17 EDT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:09:23 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:

>Yeah, I wasn't that fond of diplomatic immunity; I felt like she was
>rehashy, as people have said, but also that she'd done to Ekaterin what
>she did to Cordelia after Barrayar.

There were moments where I even thought Ekaterin SOUNDED like
Cordelia--tone, manner, words...it was a little creepy.  My biggest fear is
that Bujold won't know how to balance two strong main characters at once, in
later books, and we either won't see Ekaterin or she'll end up as you
describe.  I'm hoping not.

>I want the Ivan book.

Me too.

Melissa Proffitt