Re Newest Bujold, Big Spoilers

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Aug 1 13:09:23 EDT 2002

|> >          Spoiler space

Yeah, I wasn't that fond of diplomatic immunity; I felt like she was
rehashy, as people have said, but also that she'd done to Ekaterin what
she did to Cordelia after Barrayar.  That is, after Barrayar, in which
Cordelia kicked major hiney, she turned in to such a godlike archetype
of coolness that we never get to see her do anything good (with a few
notable exceptions, such as the sofa scene in Civil Campaign).  We just
hear everyone talk about how super-cool and scary C is.  I feel like
Komarr and CC showed Ekaterin as amazing and strong and wonderful and so
on, and in DI we just hear about how cool she is.  We don't even get to
ee her much lauded final scene with the Cetagandans.  Bleah.

I want the Ivan book.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci