greek in ogre downstairs

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 04:46:35 EDT 2002

> p.180 - 1    Hit me on the lid again and see what you get!
>       - 2    Think you can hit fellows on the head, do you?
>       - 3    These kids tried to thump me, fellows!
> p.181 - 1    Okay, let's take both of them apart a bit.
>       - 2    Let me at them.
>       - 3    Full of spirit, aren't they?
>       - 4    Let's go, fellows.
>
> It's easy enough to translate if you have a greek/english alphabet
> list, and bear in mind that it appears to be phonetically-spelled
> Cockney!  (I've dispensed with the Cockney in the above!)

Cockney?  Are you thinking of dropped aitches?  I think - though I can never
remember which aspiration mark is which - that the initial H is actually marked
on the appropriate vowels...

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970