how we discovered DWJ

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 06:04:02 EDT 2002

i am resending this because it didn't go through. i think. i'm going to have
to cobble together the quotes. unfortunately i can't just resend the email
as is since hotmail is not convenient that way.

>>   From: Paul Andinach

What's it look like?

http://www.suberic.net/dwj/pix/covers/charmedlife3.jpg <<

not that one. i just scanned it, because it's worth seeing. it's a very
large image, and it's also sort of clumsily edited together because of the
size of my scanner (small.)

anyway, it's 227k, but...

http://www.systorm.com/kaoru/misc/charmed.jpg

>>    Still my favourite CL cover, that one, although it could be just the
>>nostalgia talking. <<

and mine is my favorite cover. =) and, of course, it could also be the
nostalgia. i love the very 70sness of it though. this looks to be the first
US edition, from 1977. i bought it on a remainder table in a kmart in 1989.

go figure.

christian

ps: the hexwood author's note, which is omitted from the PB editions, is
hanging out in that 'misc' dir too. so if you chop off charmed.jpg you can
find it. along with other, utterely DWJ-unrelated images. =)