How we discovered DWJ

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 07:58:37 EDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, christian nutt wrote:

> i lucked into a nice seventies hardback of CL that i still
> treasure -- with neat and utterly dated artwork

What's it look like?

My CL is the seventies hardback with the Ionicus cover, which has
Chrestomanci Castle in the background, and in the foreground Gwendolyn
glaring at Chrestomanci, with Cat in the middle looking worried. Oh,
and there's a couple of spiders building webs between the letters of
the title and DWJ's name.

...and, having typed all that in, I realise that I could have saved
myself the effort by saying that there's a picture at
http://www.suberic.net/dwj/pix/covers/charmedlife3.jpg

Still my favourite CL cover, that one, although it could be just the
nostalgia talking.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."