How we discovered DWJ

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 07:43:22 EDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) wrote:

> How did other people make the discovery?

Ah, who remembers that far back?  :)

I can't even remember for sure which book was my first, though it's
probably either Homeward Bounders or Magicians of Caprona, and it was
definitely while I was primary-school-aged.

The earliest surviving memory I have of getting a DWJ book out of the
library, the book was MoC. I also know that it was the first
Chrestomanci story I read, and I associate it with a time when DWJ's
name didn't mean anything special to me.

HB was the first DWJ book I ever owned, and I've had my copy so long
that the circumstances under which I obtained it are lost in the mists
of time.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."