Artwork

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Apr 20 14:38:33 EDT 2002

<< PS: i find the art for DWJ's books mostly disappointing. >>

You and everybody else!

I rather like some of the covers on the US editions that have been comming
out to ride Harry Potter's coattails. Particularly the Chrestomancy pbs with
the cats.

But I've got pretty much everything in HB finally, and don't display the
dustjackets. Unless it's behind a sealed, clear "library" cover. (the loose
ones are put away in a closet -- or even tossed by now. Most of them were
hideous examples of an art style that I don't like even when it's done well.)
The bindings are pretty well fingermarked and all, but that just makes them
look well-used.

I am waffling over getting a US edition of Mixed Magics while it is still
available, since mine has the ugly UK cover. And my copy of Warlock at the
Wheel also has an illustrated hardboard cover, but at least that one is less
ugly than most. (Rather pleasing, actually. Collens, 1984 edition)