How we discovered DWJ

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Apr 20 12:58:13 EDT 2002

Kylie asked...

> How did other people make the discovery?

I would have been about 9, I suppose, when my younger brother brought
this book called "Charmed Life" home from the library.  He didn't know
what he was starting - we all read each other's library books, and he
got me and my parents as well as himself hooked on DWJ!

...and then Christian asked...

> PS: i'll fire back a survey question. since i brought up 'warlock at
the
> wheel,' what's everyone's favorite DWJ short story? i'd have to vote
for 'a
> plague of peacocks' or 'dragon reserve home eight,' i think.

Probably "Stealer of Souls", or maybe "Carol Oneir's 100th Dream".
I'm not terribly fond of most of her shorts, though.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Where-e'er you find 'the cooling western breeze,'
In the next line, it 'whispers through the trees':
If crystal streams 'with pleasing murmurs creep,'
The reader's threaten'd (not in vain) with 'sleep'"
-Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"