How we discovered DWJ

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 05:24:57 EDT 2002

>There seem to be a few people on the list who discoverd DWJ through Harry
>Potter related recommendations.  I discovered DWJ when I was in school and
>was reading everything in the library.  Dogsbody was one of the library
>books I took out.
>
>How did other people make the discovery?
>
>Kylie

Oh my, I read such an awful lot as a child I can't remember which DWJ book
was the first one I read. It's quite possible it was Dogsbody. The first DWJ
book I *owned* was Powers of Three, bought from the Swedish book club
Läseklubben like most of my library at that time. The book cover is by Hans
Arnold, one of my favourite illustrators. You can see some other things he
has done here: http://www.hansarnold.com/ - the site is in Swedish but the
pics are universal. :-)

Katta

http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj

"Killing ten vampires is a lot harder than killing one."
"Does the word 'duh' mean anything to you?"
(Kristy Swanson made a better Buffy - in a poorer story.)