DWJ in Dublin - the gen

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Apr 18 12:24:54 EDT 2002

Joe:

>Right. Brace yourself, Dubs, here's the lowdown. From the
>Children's Books in Ireland mag Spring 2002. (Apologies to
>residents of far-off lands; you can zone out for a paragraph. Or get
>hold of some prototype seven-league boots.)
>
>"Speakers for the summer school include renowned author Diana
>Wynne-Jones [sic], academic Tony Watkins, and authors Pete
>Johnson, Anthony Horowitz, Celia Rees and Philip Ardagh. [snip]
>The school will run from 17 to 19 May at the Dublin Writers'
>Museum, 19 Parnell Square. The cost to CBI members is E95,
>E120 to non-members and E55 to students. For more info. contact
>the CBI office at 17 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2. Tel 8725854
>email childrensbooksire at eircom.net"
>
>Eek. Swoon. I'll have to pawn the family jewels and prostrate
>myself to wangle some leave, I suppose.

Yeah, that's a different kind of swoon, isn't it?  Think about the
amount for three!   Think we could say that all we Dublin fans are
just one person who got split by a nasty bush goddess?

Thanks for the news, Joe.

Typical - this came in as I was about to send this message:

>Hi Hallie,
>
>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>
>I will double check things with the organisers and get back with final
>details but in the meantime, Diana will be opening the conference , speaking
>from 8-9 on 17th May. I think it is in the same venue as last year -
>Writer's Museum in Parnell Square but will double check!
>
>Thanks for your support - I am sure Diana will be delighted to hear she has
>a Dublin Fan Club!
>
>All best wishes,
>
>Jo

At least we know the time of her talk now too!

Hallie.