DWJ in Dublin - the gen

Joe Joe.Nankivell at ucd.ie
Thu Apr 18 05:20:47 EDT 2002

Right. Brace yourself, Dubs, here's the lowdown. From the
Children's Books in Ireland mag Spring 2002. (Apologies to
residents of far-off lands; you can zone out for a paragraph. Or get
hold of some prototype seven-league boots.)

"Speakers for the summer school include renowned author Diana
Wynne-Jones [sic], academic Tony Watkins, and authors Pete
Johnson, Anthony Horowitz, Celia Rees and Philip Ardagh. [snip]
The school will run from 17 to 19 May at the Dublin Writers'
Museum, 19 Parnell Square. The cost to CBI members is E95,
E120 to non-members and E55 to students. For more info. contact
the CBI office at 17 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2. Tel 8725854
email childrensbooksire at eircom.net"

Eek. Swoon. I'll have to pawn the family jewels and prostrate
myself to wangle some leave, I suppose.

More generally, the cover of this magazine carries a Tove Jansson
image. It seems that a new Moomin book has come out: The Book
about Moomin, Mymble and Little My from Sort Of Books, 2001.
Has anyone seen this?	 Tove Jansson has written at least one of
my desert island books (Moominvalley in November, probably), but
I thought she'd stopped doing new stuff. In fact I suspected she
was no longer with us. Any news, views?

Joe