Re new US Ogre downstairs

Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 17 19:29:40 EDT 2002

>Also, in Elizabeth Goudge's A Little
>White Horse (anyone detecting a theme?), in the new edition, Maria doesn't
>carry a reticule, she has a pocket. If you don't know what a reticule is,
>surely you could look it up?  A pocket isn't the same thing at all!

I've never met (well, talked to) anyone who has read this book! I remember
I refused to read it for years when I was little as it was a pink very
girly edition that had a stupid blurb. But I got sick of seeing it whenever
I went to the library, and read it and loved it!
I also found a nicer edition second hand later.