Sudden Wild Magic (was: Re: Re new US Ogre downstairs)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 03:54:51 EDT 2002

Ven, replying to Christian:

> I just picked up the British hardback of A Sudden
> Wild Magic (red flamy cover) for 2 squid from the

squid?  is that short for Sterling Quid or something? :-)

> charity shop across the road. I'd already got the
> US hardback, sickly green cover, horrible picture
> of Gladys (I'm afraid I already know of a good
> home for the spare, when I decide which one that
> is). Anyhow, getting a new copy prompted me to a
> reread and I was just so convinced the text had
> been radically changed ......... until I dug out
> the earlier copy and found it to be identical.

My Papa had a similar experience, I think with SWM.

I don't know the US hardback, but the Avonova edition has a misprint in one of
the girls' names when they're walking to Marceny's house from the grove, and
this misprint is corrected in the Gollancz edition.

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970