An introduction, and Re: Spellcoats (minor Spoiler)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Apr 17 00:13:15 EDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Madeline "Flourish" wrote:

|Deborah said:
|> A few months ago I finally sat down with all four books and made
|> a family tree, complete with all aliases.  I'll scan it in and
|> post it tonight, and people can tell me if I got it wrong
|> anywhere.  (I did one of these for the Voigt kingdom books, too.)
|
|Wow, that's very cool. Do you include Maewen, Moril, Mitt, etc, or only the
|first tier of the family? It would be interesting to see, especially since
|Maewen's father talks about their connections to Amil and Clennen (and
|therefore to the Adon and Osfameron/Wend/Tanamoril). One does wonder if
|Clennen knew that Osfameron and Tanamoril were the same person, as he named
|Moril after both of them.

Here you go.  Contains *major spoilers* for the four books.
Everyone tell me if I'm wrong about anything, or if my
handwriting is awful.  I should chart this out on the computer
somewhere to make it clearer.  "=" between two names means
they're married.  "=" under a name means it's a possible direct
translation for the name.

http://www.suberic.net/dwj/pix/dalemark-folk.jpg

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
"A grown man punting a kitten who was looking the other way... It
was the bravest thing I've ever seen."  -- Sluggy Freelance