Re new US Ogre downstairs

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 19:39:59 EDT 2002

Hallo Christian, nice to see you again
you wrote
<re: ogre changes

what i've been doing is rereading the new US
edition while the crap edition
is fresh in my mind and anytime i hit a part
where "that seems different!"
i've been comparing. so far i've been spot-on,
although it's altogether
possible i've missed something. i'll post the
results later on. there are
changes aplenty, and "commercial pop" isn't the
only one. i've been marking
up my copy of the crap edition with a highlighter

so the changes are
immortalized. i can post them later when i'm
through with the book.>

It's quite fascinating to see just how badly it
was done. Does anyone know what sort of person
would be given the job?

I just picked up the British hardback of A Sudden
Wild Magic (red flamy cover) for 2 squid from the
charity shop across the road. I'd already got the
US hardback, sickly green cover, horrible picture
of Gladys (I'm afraid I already know of a good
home for the spare, when I decide which one that
is). Anyhow, getting a new copy prompted me to a
reread and I was just so convinced the text had
been radically changed ......... until I dug out
the earlier copy and found it to be identical.
I've had the feeling before that I notice things
differently in different editions of the same
book.

=====
Ven