DWJ in Dublin

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 16 10:18:07 EDT 2002

> >Hallie wrote:
> >
> >>  Hey, btw.  Apologies to all the non-Irish folks on the list for the
> >>  delirium.  But you lot get most of the fun most of the time anyway!
> >
> >Not in Australia, we don't! :-)

I replied:

Hallie generously said:

> I didn't forget you lot!  But we've just heard a report on a con
> there, and I'm sure there were others.

Can you recall what con that was?

There is a national SF con coming up in June here in Melbourne, but I doubt
that DWJ would be coming. :-)

>And yes, I *do* know that
> it's a big continent, and not everyone in Australia would be able to
> get to a con just because it's there.  :)   It just looks better than
> it is from waaaaay over here.

I know what you mean--we probably tend to think the same way about you guys.

And yes, Australia is a land with very big spaces between major cities.

> Would it make up to you for it, if I got a book signed for you???
> (I'd better watch out for the travel jinx, and not count on this yet!)

Are you kidding? I'd kiss your feet...well, maybe there's no need to go that
far, even if I could get to Dublin to do it...but you get the picture. :-)

Ros