Books, books, books

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Mon Apr 15 17:32:21 EDT 2002

Oh dear!
Laurie said:

>And now for soemthing completely different: I recently read Briar
>Rose, by Jane Yolen, and enjoyed it very much. Are the other books
>in the Fairy  Tale series worth tracking down? I think there is ine
>called "The Nightingale," and another by Steven Brust--any thoughts?
>I tried Snow White, Rose Red already and just could not get into it.
I would say try Snow White, Rose red again -- I really enjoy it!  de
Lint's Jack the Gaint-Killer (now published in a one book for two
volumes as Jack of Kinrowan) is wonderful.  Pamela Dean's Tam Lin is
fun, although not as good as F&H (obviously...sorry F&H is my
favorite book).  Nightengale is okay.  I had fun with it mainly
because I was studying that period of Japenese history at the time.
Sun, Moon and Stars is not _as good_, imho, but it's still a good
read.  The new one, White as Snow (Tanith Lee) has had good reviews,
but I haven't read it yet..(it's supposed to be horror, and I'm
_really_ nightmare prone)   Happy reading!
Rebecca