Re Dalemark Chronology

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Apr 12 22:36:37 EDT 2002

The counter problem is people who believe any alternate world
books are automatically fantasy.  This happens to Cynthia Voigt's
Jackaroo/Wings of the Falcon/On Fortune's Wheel/Elske world.  Not
a spec of magic, just a world that isn't ours.  but with our
physics and biology and such.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
The main character is a misogynistic, hermaphroditic,
heavy-drinking, ultra-cynical aardvark. It's an acquired taste.

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Sally Odgers wrote:

|> going on.  I think it was a case of thwarted expectations; he believed it
|> was standard medieval fantasy instead of a kind of alternate history, and
|> the idea of firearms mixed with magic was outside his experience.
|
|I know just what you mean. I've had editors *and* reviewers calling some of
|my books Time-travel when they are, obviously, other-world books. Could an
|intelligent editor *really* believe my heroine had gone back in time to the
|period when there were castles in Australia?  Yes, apparently, she could...
|
|Sallyo.

|--