Re Dalemark Chronology

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Apr 12 21:05:08 EDT 2002

> going on.  I think it was a case of thwarted expectations; he believed it
> was standard medieval fantasy instead of a kind of alternate history, and
> the idea of firearms mixed with magic was outside his experience.

I know just what you mean. I've had editors *and* reviewers calling some of
my books Time-travel when they are, obviously, other-world books. Could an
intelligent editor *really* believe my heroine had gone back in time to the
period when there were castles in Australia?  Yes, apparently, she could...

Sallyo.