: Re: _The Thief_ (M&H) SPOILERS!

Wed Apr 10 23:18:10 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:57:34 -0700 (PDT), Ven wrote:

>Melissa said
>
><I'm afraid I've
>been too ill to respond to any email at all.  And
>
>I'm tired of this
>argument.>
>
>Hi Melissa, I'm sorry to hear that, you sound
>really fed up. Hope you feel bettter soon.

I am fed up with going to doctors, explaining my symptoms, and having them
give me cross-eyed "well, there's nothing WRONG with you" looks.  I am tired
of so-called medical professionals forcing me to diagnose my own problem and
then not bothering to follow up when it's clear that the initial diagnosis
is wrong.  I am tired of feeling like a hypochondriac when I'm not.

Apparently the problem is that I am violently allergic to something in the
air.  (This is, again, my very own diagnosis.)  Our pollen season started
just a few weeks ago and I have spent the entire time gasping for air on the
couch.  But since it's bypassing my sinuses and going straight to my lungs,
and because I don't respond positively to asthma medication...well, then,
there must just be nothing wrong with me, right?!?

Sorry.  I've been overreacting to everything bad that happens to me.  I'm
sorry for being cranky and mean here on the list, because nobody needs to
hear that, and you are all such nice, wonderful people it makes me feel like
a big clot of nasty filthy hair clogging the metaphorical drain.  My
personal irritation is spilling over into everything I do lately.  I should
just go read _The Spellcoats_ and shut up....  :)

Melissa Proffitt