Re Dalemark Chronology

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 18:13:37 EDT 2002

Melissa said <
<Someone told me they thought _Cart and Cwidder_
was poorly written because
it was a fantasy novel and then suddenly they all

had guns.  :)  It *feels*
like 17th century but it seems meant to be late
18th century instead, especially in _Crown_.>

I don't know much about the detail of these
periods but my reading of the guns issue was that
this was very early in their development, hence
the authorities were able to restrict their use,
making them rare. In fact it is clear that this
is a transitional time in Dalemark, probably
industrial change is as much responsible for the
fall of the Earls as anything. Consequently
development is patchy with some districts being
more advanced than others.

=====
Ven