Re Spellcoats

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 1 19:54:32 EST 2002

>I always thought that Spellcoats was the first - because it's set in much
>older times than the others, sort of early mediaeval, then C&C -
>renaissance-ish, then the others, early modern/pre-industrial. Or have I got
>it completely wrong?

Apparently, but you are wrong in company with me. I always assumed
Spellcoats was first until the recent paperback re-edition which numbers
the books from 1-4, and Spellcoats is 3. I don't really understand this.
For a long time it was pretty much a stand-alone book until Crown of
Dalemark used a couple of the characters in a tangential way. It certainly
takes place a lot earlier than the other three books, but clearly this is
no reason to regard it as early in a series.

Robyn