Re Spellcoats

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Apr 1 18:55:58 EST 2002

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Ania wrote:
> I always thought that Spellcoats was the first - because it's set in much
> older times than the others, sort of early mediaeval, then C&C -
> renaissance-ish, then the others, early modern/pre-industrial. Or have I got
> it completely wrong?

Spellcoats is the first chronologically by a good bit. We were discussing
the difference between chronological order
and...um...reading/publishing/preference order, I believe.

The other three books (at least in part ;^) --avoiding spoilers here) take
place in the same time. People meet each other. I think C&C just gives a
slightly different picture because we see people traveling the roads and
stopping in small towns.