Just Curious and Curiouser

Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 26 01:18:52 EDT 2001

>A supplementary question: unusual places/circumstances that
>books have been read in? I used to go up the apple tree to read
>when I lived at my parents, and while living in a converted factory
>would climb onto the roof.

I too read up trees and everywhere on holidays. But a place that sticks out
in my memory was a (replica) German beer hall at Expo 1988 here in Brisbane
(I'm not sure if the Expo thing is still going, so a short explanation:
it's basically lots of large exhibits of different countries and their
cultures). Anyway, I remember the table next to us laughing at the sight of
an 8 year old girl ignoring the carousing around her in order to finish her
Famous Five book!
Emma