Stepping out from behind the tree...

Mon Sep 24 02:42:22 EDT 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:01:33 +0200, Annika wrote:

>I've been lurking on this list for quite some time, though I haven't gotten around to introduce myself yet. :)
>
>My name's Annika, I'm nineteen and live in Lund, Sweden. I've been a fan of DWJ ever since I was nine and first read "Howl's Moving Castle" (still my favorite one). The local library only had three DWJ books, which I borrowed nearly every month. They were actually more often at my house than in the library. :) Thankfully I have almost a complete collection now, I don't have to bother the library quite as much!

Welcome to the list!  My collection is almost complete too.  It's a good
thing when I just *have* to read one and don't have to go to the library
(also our local library doesn't have very many of them either).

>I was just curious as to whether there's a site where all the book recommendations are filed. I've found quite a few new favorites through the list, and thought it might be nice to have all the recs on one place; somewhere where you can refer all the newcomers to. I'm not a HTML pro, and have no idea how to do forms and submits, otherwise I'd gladly offer to do one myself.

Good idea.  I had been thinking I would put a regular list (text based)
together, but then I went and deleted all the old messages so my mail reader
wouldn't take up quite so much space.  You don't want to know how many of
them I'd saved.  (Hint: They went back to July of 1999.)

Melissa Proffitt