The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Rosie Burroughs rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 17:59:26 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurel <lalamme at ufl.edu>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

> Elizabeth E. Wein (a story
> about change ringing, in which, incidentally, Dorothy Sayers and
> Connie Willis awakened my interest.  Have any listmembers living
> in England or thereabouts actually heard this, and does it live
> up to description?)

Change ringing done well is wonderful (so long as you don't get too close -
cf. Dorothy L. Sayers). Done badly, as it so often is, it is one of the most
annoying sounds I know. I speak as one who spent four years living right
next to Durham Cathedral, whose ringing team is not that good (though I've
heard worse).

Rosie