everyone okay?

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Tue Sep 11 15:01:13 EDT 2001

I'm in Minneapolis and unaffected directly, but:

The owner of my company was in New York yesterday but is in New Haven
today, and now is going to have to drive back to Minneapolis as the
country's air traffic is grounded at least for today. His son is on a
field trip in Washington and so presumably is going to be headed home
ASAP. Meanwhile his wife is a little frantic.

My brother lives and works in Boston. He's fine, but he's stuck in
the city until tomorrow probably. His company's NY office was in the
World Trade Center, and his office manager was supposed to be on the
Boston-LA flight that crashed into it. No word whether she actually
was on the flight. I think it's going to be a bad time for him.

My wife is a financial writer and so presumably knows people who were
in the WTC area this morning. No word yet on any casualties.

What a horrible day.

Nat