The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Sep 7 13:55:20 EDT 2001

Paul remarked...

> (I've had reason to observe that one useful aspect of brass
> instruments is that they all, apart from the trombones, use the same
> fingering, so knowing one gives you a chance at playing others.
Unless
> of course the one you start with is a trombone.)

Yes.  This is why I say that I can get a half-decent sound out of
almost any instrument:  I took lessons, at various times, in piano,
recorder, trumpet and cello, as well as playing percussion in the
school band (when I wasn't playing whatever brass instrument we
happened to be short of) and teaching myself guitar.  And having Early
Music fanatics for parents means that I've also had a go at things
like viols and crumhorns.  About the only thing I never tried was the
flute.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer