The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 11:16:22 EDT 2001

Melissa:

>>> Me (Philip): Keyboards, voice, bassoon
>>> Becca: Voice
>>> Dorian: Voice, cello, some random instrument (shall I see if I can get my
>>> ukulele to stay in tune?)
>>> Laurel: Piano, voice, cello
>>> Sophie: Harp
>>
>>Me (Irina): Voice (also an alto; do we have too many?)
>
> You can never have too many altos.  They're the ones who can actually read
> music.  :)  (Actually I am getting just a teensy bit annoyed with our church
> choir director, who will go over everyone else's part in detail and then say
> "okay altos, you know your part, let's go!")  Besides, they can double as
> second sopranos.  We could get some really sweet harmonies going....

Splendid.  Keep them coming!

Our church choir not so ambitious as to expect the altos to "know the part".
But it is the sopranos who sing from words-only copies of the hymns...

Years ago, I went to one of those "Handel's _Messiah_ from scratch" concerts.
The choir was very mottley, and I remarked that the difference between the
sopranos and the altos was that the altos were those who knew that they couldn't
reach the top notes; the sopranos were those who didn't know that they couldn't
reach the top notes ;-)

> I wish I could play percussion!  I took guitar lessons in fourth grade and
> wanted to switch to drums in fifth, but my parents insisted I stick with
> guitar.  I think they just didn't want me practicing drums in the house.
> Would it look really stupid for a thirty-year-old housewife to start taking
> lessons, do you think? :)

Not in the least!

Actually, it's fascinating (if off-topic) to read about everyone's musical
inclinations.  I'm off on holiday for a week, but when I come back I'll collect
all the replies I can find and see what sort of an orchestra we could muster if
we did all get together in one place...

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970