The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 07:54:16 EDT 2001

Dorian, about the bassoon:

> Okay...I was confused, I think, because I remembered you talking about
> embouchure (sp?) and I generally equate the necessity for that with
> brass.  But I think I was actually thinking of the bassoon (a lovely
> instrument!).

While some early instruments had "free" reeds, all modern reed instruments
(principally the oboe, clarinet and saxophone families) control the reed with
lip pressure.  So embouchure is definitely needed!

> So...if Philip sticks mainly to the bassoon, and Laurel to the cello,
> we could have Becca on the piano, and I'll take care of the percussion
> (I have the major qualifications for percussion:  I can count rests

:-)  That's certainly important for classical percussion.  For some modern
musical genres you also need to count repeated bars...

> correctly!).  I can also add in tenor recorder, which is probably the
> instrument I play least badly.

This is going to be quite a challenge to arrange/write for.  Should be fun,
though

>> That's five of us, enough for a reasonable group.  Three in Ireland,
>> one in England, one in Florida.  Hmm... Arranging rehearsals could be
>> tricky :-)
>
> Oh, I'm sure we can find a rehearsal studio *somewhere* in cyberspace!

:-)  If we start adding people from Finland and places, that may be a necessity.
I wouldn't like to try it without a broadband connection, though...

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970