The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Fri Sep 7 01:10:46 EDT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:11:26 +0200 (CEST), Irina Rempt wrote:

>On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:
>
>> Me (Philip): Keyboards, voice, bassoon
>> Becca: Voice
>> Dorian: Voice, cello, some random instrument (shall I see if I can get my
>> ukulele to stay in tune?)
>> Laurel: Piano, voice, cello
>> Sophie: Harp
>
>Me (Irina): Voice (also an alto; do we have too many?)

You can never have too many altos.  They're the ones who can actually read
music.  :)  (Actually I am getting just a teensy bit annoyed with our church
choir director, who will go over everyone else's part in detail and then say
"okay altos, you know your part, let's go!")  Besides, they can double as
second sopranos.  We could get some really sweet harmonies going....

>, percussion
>(I used to be drummer in a Renaissance dance band; I can keep up a
>straight rhythm literally for hours, had to do that while we were
>recording and people kept losing their parts and had to restart
>exactly on the same beat so it could be cut-and-pasted)

I wish I could play percussion!  I took guitar lessons in fourth grade and
wanted to switch to drums in fifth, but my parents insisted I stick with
guitar.  I think they just didn't want me practicing drums in the house.
Would it look really stupid for a thirty-year-old housewife to start taking
lessons, do you think? :)

Melissa Proffitt